Multi-Room Audio and Video
Here are some key features and benefits of a multi-room audio/video solution:
Listen to your music throughout the house or just in one room. Watch TV, movies or view your photos on any screen in the house.
● Eliminates clutter in each room
● Allows you to enjoy content anywhere in your home
● Reduces costs by requiring fewer components and subscriptions
Play the classical station in the bedroom, the kids’ MP3s in the playroom and a movie in the family room.
● Creates multiple entertainment spaces
● Offers the option to play the same music throughout your home (“party mode”)
● Sets the mood by tailoring music and volume to each zone
Adjust the volume, change the channel or switch sources using in-room keypads or remote controls.
● Gives you full control of features from any room
● Powers “all on” or “all off” with a single keypress
● Provides easy access to music, movies, TV and digital media from any room
● Some systems display song title, artist and cover art in every room
Multi-room systems deliver your entertainment experience from behind the scenes.
● Fits any size home or budget
● Installs seamlessly into the home
● Provides a custom look and feel
● Fully expandable; add features or zones as needed
● Perfect for new home construction, remodels or retrofits
Now let’s start mapping out your multi-room audio video system and explore your next steps.
Consider some basic questions you’ll want to discuss with your TechHome integrator, builder or contractor:
In which rooms or areas of your home would you like to listen to music, watch TV or entertain?
● Living/family room
● Dining room
● Laundry room
● Basement/rec room
● Master bedroom
● Master bath
● Kids/guests rooms
Which source components do you want included in the multi-room audio video system?
● Smartphone, MP3 player or other portable device
● CD player/changer
● Digital music server or PC
● Satellite radio
● Digital Video Recorder (DVR)
● DVD player
● Blu-ray disc player
● Home theater PC
● Media player
● AM/FM radio
Which other comfort, convenience and/or security features would you like integrated?
● Security system
● Child monitoring
● Temperature (HVAC) control
● Indoor/outdoor lighting control
● Digital Health Technologies
Talk to friends or neighbors with multi-room audio video solutions to see which features they like the most and which features they wish they had. Which rooms and components did they include?
If you are currently working with a builder or remodeling contractor, find out what integrated technology options they offer. Specifically ask them if they have a technology partner or provider.
Contact a professional Tech Home installer near you.
Click here to view a printable version of this article