Looking to be a part of a community of passionate individuals who share knowledge and practice? CEA is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $206 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry, and provides the information, representation and leadership needed to fuel our vibrant and exciting industry.
For businesses large and small, CEA provides practical benefits such as market research, training, technical standards-setting and savings on essential business services. Join the more than 2,000 companies – from every segment of the consumer electronics industry – that enjoy the benefits of CEA membership.
CEA works year-round to grow the industry through promotion, education and advocacy. In addition to CEA’s industry events and conferences, a number of initiatives, including professional training and certification programs, informative publications, webinars and market research reports help members stay on top of the latest industry trends. To facilitate interoperability between new products and existing devices, CEA’s Technology & Standards department has assembled dozens of committees, subcommittees and working groups to develop standards and protocols designed to simplify and ensure compatibility among CE products.
When working to grow our industry, CEA must consider various policy issues that have a direct impact on our industry. CEA represents the CE industry before federal, state and local governments. Critical issues such as immigration reform, free trade, innovation policy, taxation, broadband deployment and home recording rights, as well as energy efficiency and environmental issues like electronics recycling are set to shape the future of the CE industry. CEA members can participate in the advancement of technology policy through CEA’s Government Affairs Council (GAC) and the CEA Political Action Committee (CEAPAC).
Four Types of CEA Membership
• Regular membership: For companies that manufacture, distribute or develop technology used in CE products.
• Retailer or Integrator membership: For companies that install or sell CE products online or via a showroom directly to the consumer.
• Associate membership: For companies that provide business solutions, conduct B2B services or do business within the CE industry, but do not fall under regular or integrator membership.
• International Affiliate membership: For companies involved in the CE industry without a North American office. Note: an international company with a North American office may join as a regular member.
The Top 10 Reasons to Join CEA
1. Access exclusive consumer and market research as well as a team of researchers and librarians.
2. Participate in CEA’s ANSI-accredited standards-setting process.
3. Gain access to government and legal affairs assistance and track state legislative activity.
4. Engage in membership groups that promote product and channel-specific initiatives.
5. Receive discounts on CES exhibit space as well as other members-only benefits at the show.
6. Contribute products for media exposure.
7. Receive informative publications.
8. Forge business relationships at conferences and events.
9. Participate in educational programs and acquire technical training.
10. Grow your business through the Small Business Council’s programs, including webinars and mentoring.
Become a CEA Member Today
CEA membership is more important to your business than ever. Become a CEA member at CE.org/membership
or at the 2013 International CES by visiting the LVCC, South Hall Connector, Room S223 or email membership@CE.org